Job reference: R-025726
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, having 21 brands for the treatment of diseases in different therapeutic areas like Respiratory , Gastroenterology , Cardiovascular , Diabetes and Oncology. AZ is living a total transformation worldwide through a science-led innovation strategy.
In AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you though is possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
If you are inspired by the different possibilities to make a difference in patients' lives , Join Us.
The Country Financial Controller provides specialist finance expertise to the local organisation, ensuring that statutory reporting requirements and local tax requirements are fully in line with local legal requirements (local GAAP and tax legislation) and AZ accounting principles and standards. The Financial Controller supervises and coordinates the activities of 3rd party transactional finance providers and ensures that activities are fully compliant with local requirements. Responsibilities also cover the roll out of global projects at a local level and ensuring that systems and processes are fully functional. Driving working capital management and a proactive supervision of DPO.
· Responsible for managing relationship with third party provider, providing all necessary local input for Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Transfer Pricing Documentation and quarterly tax reporting process
· Partner with IFS to establishing local transfer price recommendations to Global Tax
· Ensure that local tax activities are fully in line with local legislation and Global tax policies. Informing CCFO on a regular basis on material financial risks, in particular in relation to tax audits
Statutory and Management Reporting:
· Responsible for compliance with AZ Accounting Polices and standards, month-end process and applicable sub-processes (accounts payable, T&E, SOTC, fixed assets, R2R etc.), and other requirements for timely and accurate of submission of Management Accounts data in the different group systems.
· Accountable and responsible for monthly and annual closing processes for statutory and management reporting, supervising and supporting the 3rd party service providers
· Continuously develop the relationship and knowledge of 3rd party service providers (enhance the communication and in case of necessity provide relevant support/training)
· Completion and filing of all local statutory accounts in accordance with local legal requirements
Internal control environment:
· Responsible for updating local policies and procedures on a regular basis, in particular local market SOPs
· Observing the AstraZeneca Code of Conduct & Core values, and all other local and global policies and procedures stated by AstraZeneca in order to enhance AZ Corporate Reputation
· Ensure a professional management of internal and external audits with a successful completion of the audits
Cash and Treasury:
· Supporting GFO in ensuring timely payments to the suppliers and managing relationship with local banks. Provides professional stewardship of the company’s cash, in conformance with policies and procedures
· Ensures that the local company is properly funded. Monitoring that the local company is fully compliant with all internal and external policies and legislations (cash payments, T&E regulations, corporate cards etc)
· Acting as a functional analyst of those systems impacting the activities under his/her scope, guaranteeing the systems and processes cover the local statutory accounting and tax legislative requirements.
Local and global projects:
· Support local roll out of Finance Transformation projects in line with business needs
· To join and support those projects which could impact the accounting and tax activities.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES NEEDED
Essential Skills and experience required:
· University degree in Finance / Business / Economics
· 5 + year’s experience in financial management with specialization in Tax and Treasury
· Outstanding analytical skills and strong execution track records
· Advanced financial modelling skills (Excel)
· Fluent English
B-Skills and competencies
· Ability to recognize problems, develop solutions and implement them
· Meet deadlines for all project deliverables with speed and accuracy
· Willing to take ownership for his/her work and challenge the status quo
· High quality and timely delivery of financial insight
· Ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships, internally and externally, and communicate effectively
· Strong team Player across functions and geographies, Flexible and Can-Do attitude
· Resilient and ability to work under pressure
Desirable Experience :
· CMA/CPA/CA desired
· Experience in Pharma/Biotech /Medtech environment preferred
Join Us today,
Applying should be through AstraZeneca Career site.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.