Job ID: req91138
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
The Tax Analyst is responsible for tax reporting and assisting with tax audits to maximize tax savings opportunities that contribute to shareholder value while fulfilling tax payment and reporting obligations.
Compliance activities involve preparation of annual tax filings from IT and VAT purposes.
- Tax Return Compliance: Prepare tax filings and work papers to ensure the accurate reporting of the international aspects of the Federal income tax return. Identify research and evaluate alternative tax positions in order to determine and implement a supportable, cost effective filing position. Helps to identify and review of processes and implementation of procedures that enhance speed and efficiency of administration.
- Financial Reporting: Provide support with the preparation of Honeywell’s Foreign income tax expense (both current and deferred) for financial statement purposes. Assist in evaluating uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in Honeywell’s financial statements. Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts.
- Planning Activities: Partner with business units and tax department to proactively identify and research tax planning opportunities. Provide support on the implementation of non-structural tax planning strategies which maximize savings on a defensible basis. Evaluate the tax effect and implications of business strategies, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to properly advise management.
- Tax Audits and Controversies: Assist in responding in timely manner to requests for information from government officials to successfully defend tax filing positions. Interact with current and former business groups to coordinate and implement audit strategies. Stay abreast of legal developments and industry positions in order to accurately evaluate options and responses to requests for information.
- Legislative Activities: Analyze, monitor and pursue regulatory, judicial, tax and industry developments relevant to Honeywell´s.
- Tax Leader Compliance
- Broad technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge on GAAP Financial Accounting/FAS 109
- Strong analytical
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative process contributing to efficiency
- Effective presentation skills
Experience / Education Required/ Sought:
- Bachelor's Degree in tax or accounting.
- A minimum of 2 years of tax experience.
- Good English oral and written communication skills