Requisition Number: 48214
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, manages a tax function or geographical area.
· Must have mastery of prevailing statutory authority and it’s applicability to financial (general ledger) data within responsible area, functionally and geographically.
· Actively manage personnel, activities and deadlines in support of financial and/or statutory reporting process, account reconciliations and supporting financial pronouncements and tax technical research, as applicable.
· Acts as company advocate and advisor in one or more substantive areas of tax law, whether by subject matter or geography.
· Leads audit defense of tax positions taken, in addition to proposing and implementing planning opportunities to optimize company’s effective tax rate and/or cash tax position.
· Oversees and approves compliance with internal controls in their respective area.
· Manages functions and responsibilities of managers and their respective staff and prepares/reviews technical memoranda in support of tax technical positions taken in financial statements and statutory tax filings.
· Responsible for the career development and coaching of personnel.
· Requires an undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field and 10 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and competency.
· Excellent personal communications skills and ability to work in team environment a must.
Applicable professional certification preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Job Segment: Manager, Management