Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
A vital team member that is responsible for the accurate and timely filing of corporate income tax returns for US Federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
· Responsible for preparing US Federal and state income tax returns and making quarterly estimated payments.
· Assist with income tax audits, R&D credit projects, occasional tax research, and special tax projects, as required.
· Prepare tax provision calculations for specific assigned entities, including account reconciliations and supporting data.
· Prepare quarterly and/or annual claim forms required by various state incentive credit programs.
· Act as the tax liaison for assigned entities delivering exceptional customer service regarding tax issues.
· Remain current on new tax laws and regulations and appropriately reflect these changes from a tax compliance and a tax accounting perspective.
· Recommend and implement process improvements for compliance and tax accounting services.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred with 1 year of related experience OR an Associate’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR 6 years of related experience required
· An attached resume is required
· Corporate income tax experience required
· Previous experience with CorpTax and SAP preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
· Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, multi-task oriented with a strong customer focus, and exceptional organizational skills required
· Ability to effectively communicate with management and outside business advisors and government agencies required
· 2 years in public accounting preferred
· Experience in accounting for income taxes preferred
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
· Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
· Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.