Job ID R002757
No company starts out knowing how to do everything right, and we’ve had 20 years of trying, breaking, fixing, and repeating. We provide a rock-solid leadership team & a mission to change the world but we never forget about our employees. At GoDaddy you can expect to learn leading-edge processes and technologies, and help your business partners strike a balance between speed and compliance. It’s a rare opportunity and one that is perfectly suited for curious go-getters who love a challenge!
What makes a successful Tax Staff Accountant employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success.
As a Tax Staff Accountant at GoDaddy, you will work with a team of tax professionals supporting a fast-growing, globally-expanding Company whose mission is to help small businesses kick ass. You will work under the direct supervision of our Tax Director and will be based out of our Scottsdale corporate headquarters.
Are you a good fit?
· Ambitious team player ready to help bring GoDaddy onto the world stage
· Passionate believer in critical thinking and problem solving
· Fearlessly independent and able to work with minimal daily supervision
· Highly detail oriented and organized
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
What does the job entail?
· Prepare federal and state income tax returns including detail support and calculations
· Prepare income tax extensions and estimated tax payment calculations
· Prepare calculations for non-resident state tax withholdings for partnership members
· Prepare tax fixed assets schedules and depreciation calculations
· Prepare month-end journal entries as required
· Prepare monthly GL account reconciliations
· Prepare 1099’s and backup withholding calculations
· Assist with income tax provisions and quarter end close process
· Assist with preparation of tax basis balance sheets for partnership entities
· Perform research on tax issues and preparation of tax research memos
· Assist tax department with written documentation of tax policies and procedures
· Other work related tasks / ad-hoc reporting as needed
What do you need to do this job?
· 2 to 3 years tax accounting experience with private industry and/or public accounting
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax
· CPA is desired but not required
· Comfortable with tax research tools
· Strong understanding of Tax and GAAP principles
· Ability to gather, organize and analyze data
· Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly in Excel
· Plays well with others
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.