Job Description - China Tax Specialist
The Greater China tax team is a key part of Oracle’s world-class operation and is closely integrated with tax organization headquartered in San Francisco Bay area. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist the team in the tax compliance in China.
This role will be based in Beijing and report to China tax manager. The main job responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following work:
· Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly tax returns for his/her responsible entities
· Perform tax registration and annual tax registration renewal, when needed
· Tax invoice verification and reconciliation in relation to tax filings
· Prepare and submit other data (e.g., tax forecast, key taxpayer reporting, etc.) required by local tax bureaus and communicate with local tax bureaus on the issues arising from tax filings and other submissions
· Support manager to address ad-hoc tax queries from local tax bureaus related to the tax filings for his/her responsible entities
· Support manager to review and submit annual tax filing package for his/her responsible entities
· Identify the areas to be improved in the course of tax filing and work with manager to coordinate and discuss with relevant stakeholders to improve tax process
· Support the team on various tax projects related to his/her responsible entities, such as information/documents required for VAT exemption record filing, tax residency certificate application, etc.
· Keep tax filing records and supporting documents for his/her responsible entities according to the documentation retention policy and guidance
· Maintain cordial and professional relationship with local tax bureaus
Relevant Experience and Skills
· Minimum 4 years tax experience as a full time tax professional, or accountant with sufficient tax experiences for multinational companies
· Advanced knowledge in tax, accounting and finance, familiar with prevailing tax and accounting regulations, tax practices in China
· Familiar with accounting practice and systems
· Ability of working on multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of responsibility, proactive and dedicated
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax, or related
· Fluent in English, written and oral
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Compiles information for statutory reports as well as internal tax reporting. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Assist with governmental audits, internal audits and/or fiscal recharges. Ensure company complies with worldwide statutory tax reporting specifications. Focus areas include transfer pricing and intercompany transactions. Identify international assignment tax issues for employees working in another country. Develop strategies to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. 2 years experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.