Job ID 735880BR
· Assist the Manager to manage the home and host country individual tax compliance for the relocatees and short-term assignees for the various Disney group companies in the Asia Pacific region by working with internal HR, C&B, payroll and Global Mobility teams and external tax advisors
· Assist external service providers on arrangement for tax meetings for home and host country taxes for the relocatees and assignees for the Disney group companies in the Asia Pacific region
· Assist the departing Hong Kong employees to complete Hong Kong salaries tax clearance
· Preparation of internal staff briefing sessions on individual tax issues for the Asia Pacific region
· Provide individual tax consultancy support for the business units
· Preparation of estimated individual tax computations for different countries in Asia Pacific region for relocatees in house or by working with outside advisor
· Preparation of replies to query letters on individual tax issues issued by the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department
· Enhancement of Hong Kong rental reimbursement program for Disney Hong Kong entities
· Provide support on Hong Kong corporate tax compliance for the Hong Kong tax team if necessary
· Conduct research on individual tax issues for ad hoc projects
· Provide regular tax updates to Senior Tax Manager – Individual Tax
· Handle the administrative work for the tax team in Hong Kong
· Senior consultant/Assistant Manager level at either multi-national corporation or Big 4 Firm, with 4+ years of experience.
· Very strong understanding of Hong Kong Individual income tax compliance
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Exposure to the individual tax laws in Asia Pacific countries
· Some exposure to corporate tax will be helpful but this will be supported by the Disney HK corporate tax function
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).