Job Number: 180004ID
To independently perform entry level staff accounting functions which require preparation, analysis and communication of tax accounting issues of Low to medium complexity that support Caterpillar business processes. Requires understanding of current and deferred tax provisions, coordinate with legal entity team to fairly reflect tax balances for local GAAP audits and support various tax related reporting from corporate and also take active part in automation projects to improve current process and develop dashboard reporting.
· Self starter - Able to quickly learn and perform day to activities independently. Should quickly step up to handle more complex activities with minimal supervisor support.
· Process Driven - Should follow process and invest sufficient time in documentation of the process with focus on attention to detail.
· Monthly Book closure -Independently handles US GAAP Legal entity closings related to Direct tax accounts for all the legal entities handled by Shared services. Responsible for fairly reflecting current and deferred tax provisions for Low to medium category legal entities.
· Monthly Reconciliations - Preparation of income tax / deferred tax reconciliations with Low to Medium complexity related to balance sheet.
· Audit support - Statutory audit support including preparation of Income Tax schedules, Local GAAP tax provisions and handle all direct tax related questions from audit team and coordinate with legal entity managers for various tax issues.
· Reporting - Performs medium to complex Return to provision activity to align books of accounts with tax returns filed and Effective tax rate reconciliations for SOX entities and report the same to corporate.
· Management information support - Supports various corporate requests like deferred tax templates, yearly tax information requests for U.S GAAP , and support information requests for 10k/10Q related to direct tax accounts.
· Tax filing - Coordinates with global trade and tax teams to support Tax return of various legal entities handles by shared services.
· Process improvement projects -Participate and Lead in process improvement projects to improve existing process. Use principles of lean, six sigma and built in process in accounting and reporting processes. Takes active part in process automation and providing dash board reporting using data analytics , robotics and Tableau tools.
· Fully qualified Chartered Accountant with 1-2 years of post qualification experience in Tax accounting.
· Very good communication skills required
· Preferably from Big 4 companies
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Unposting Date - Jul 27, 2018