The FS-CF department in the Finance & Controlling divison of Daimler Financial Services in Stuttgart is searching for an intern to jointly support the Business Controls FC and the FATCA Group Office teams.
Both teams support local markets and Daimler companies. They develop FC related guidance, procedures and processes. They also perform ongoing risk based monitoring, design and implement internal controls, consult with Daimler companies, perform workshops and trainings, and provide guidance within the Daimler group.
Business Controls ensures that FC specific risk, audit and quality items are analyzed, addressed and mitigated in all Finance & Controlling areas worldwide. They ensure FC related compliance and audit issues are communicated to the markets and within Daimler Financial Services companies.
The FATCA Group Office is responsible for a FATCA governance structure, methods, standards and processes to ensure continued FATCA compliance. FATCA is a US tax law aimed at preventing tax avoidance , and banks and financial service companies are required to comply in order to avoid certain penalties.
You will have an opportunity to gain unique cross-functional experience supporting Business Controls FC and the FATCA Group Office.
Your tasks will include:
· providing general contact and implementation support to Daimler companies requiring assistance
· analyzing processes and controls to remediate issues in line with Daimler/ DFS global requirements
· supporting risk self-assessment and other questionnaire review and analysis
· supporting Business Controls FCs Sustainability Program and FATCA Governance topics
· assisting with periodic risk monitoring activities
· providing support to department digitalization projects and initiatives
· tracking status of ongoing tasks and updating online tools and tracking databases
· preparing reports presentations, communications, workshops, trainings, and other meetings for management, internal committees and other stakeholders
· cooperation with other FC areas, other divisions, and functions.
Field of Studies: Finance, economics, business, tax, audit, legal or a similar field of study
Language Skills: Very good communication skills and proficiency in English and German, other languages would be an asset
IT Skills: Experiences with MS-Office
Soft Skills: Independent working style; ability to analye complex topics and derive practical solutions, communication skills, intercultural skills
Die Tätigkeit ist in Vollzeit
Are you interested? Please apply online on our website with your complete documents as an attachment (CV with indicating nationality, certificate of school enrollment, current performance record, relevant certificates, if applicable proof of mandatory internship and the standard period of study.
Citizens of countries outside the European Trade Union please send, if applicable, your residence / work permit.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled persons. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the disabled employees representative who will gladly support you during the application process.