What would you do if you could be part of European Tax team? Do you have the drive to lead and manage the quarterly and annual submission and completion of the Income Tax Provision and related schedules to ensure compliance with IFRS standards related to accounting for income taxes for inclusion in Staples Financial statements? This is what we do. You will be part of a positive, supportive and challenging culture where we help each other to grow faster and go further. This is a great opportunity for a Tax Accountant who not only possesses expertise in tax and IFRS but is also capable to plan and execute projects and thinks strategically on a global basis.
You will be part of the Tax team, which consists of 2 top-level professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds and competencies. You will be part of a team where your voice is heard, your skills appreciated and your learning supported. You will be reporting to Tax Director Europe.
· Managing income tax provision and leading the Effective Tax Rate (ETR) process as input for the quarterly results of Staples Europe including the reporting of that and the updated Staples ETR forecast for the whole year.
· Assist with the completion of accurate tax returns and other fillings in order to minimize the tax obligations of the company.
· Initiate collecting and analyzing CbCR financial information to be provided to tax authorities globally (BEPS); prepare financial analyses/bridges from IFRS (as in CbCR) to tax reporting and local tax returns in close cooperation with Group Accounting.
· Lead the analysis of the impact of transfer pricing, tax modeling, business results/changes etc. on the ETR and cash tax.
· Lead the collecting and analyzing of all relevant tax scenarios and analyzing the ETR and cash tax impact for Staples Europe in close cooperation with tax and the accounting teams in Europe.
You are a professional Tax Accountant with more than 5 years of relevant experience and good working knowledge of corporate tax advice across Europe. You have a university degree in tax law or accounting and relevant experience in this field. You have solid knowledge of IFRS and tax in general and IAS 12 in specific. You are a self-starter with excellent communication and people skills willing to initiate and take responsibility for the projects and with an ability to develop and implement plans and solutions. As a strong organizer, who works transparently and consistently, you deliver the work results on time and according to specifications. You will follow the developments in relation to tax technology and have experience in the use and building of technology, analysis and visualizations on tax matters.
You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference. We believe in empowering our associates with work that is fast-paced and challenging with lots of opportunities to learn and develop . You will be part of an international team that respects each other’s values and is committed to make more happen.
How to apply?
Did we get your attention? Apply through the company website by clicking the “apply” button or visit our career page. For further information regarding the Tax Accounting role, contact katerina. moustaka@ staples. com Please only use this e-mail for further inquiries and apply through our website.
About Staples Solutions B.V.
Staples Solutions B.V. is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 17 countries in Europe.