The Tax Director is a key leader responsible for managing the tax affairs of the Staples Solutions Group and building and maintaining a successful tax organization. The Tax Director must be viewed as a respected business partner capable of delivering considered, proactive advice to the Staples leadership team in a fast-paced and ambitious environment.
Your direct reports will be 3 top-level professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds and competencies. You will be part of a great team and amazing culture where you will combine your technical expertise, strategic thinking and business acumen to support the business as it drives organic top-line growth, expands into new markets and improves its overall profitability. You will be reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
· All tax matters and tax processes for the Staples group
· Manage all tax risks
· Optimize Staples‘ effective tax rate and generate tax savings
· Work in a cross-functional team with Legal, Treasury, Accounting, and external advisors for projects and restructurings
· Liaise with Dutch and foreign tax authorities and monitor and defend Staples where there is disagreement with local tax authorities
· Lead and facilitate European tax planning initiatives and transfer pricing projects
· Manage and maintain relationship with external tax advisors, control over cost and quality of service
· Prepare all Staples tax returns in order to timely and accurately report Staples tax obligations to each jurisdiction Staples operates in
· Maintain and create appropriate transfer pricing policies and comply with global rules surrounding intercompany transactions.
We are looking for a seasoned tax leader with more than 10 years proven management expertise in an international environment with the ability to interact with senior management. You will have a Master’s degree in tax law or fiscal economics. Moreover, you will have in-depth knowledge of Dutch and international corporate tax as well as demonstrable knowledge of VAT and IFRS. You will be an excellent team player with great communication and influencing skills, who can work independently. You will have the ability to prioritize, plan and execute projects as well as to think strategically on a global basis. Last but not least, you will be hands on and looking for the opportunity to make a change.
You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference. We believe in empowering our associates with work that is fast-paced and challenging, with lots of opportunities to learn and develop. You will be part of an international team that respects each other’s values and is committed to make more happen. Cerberus Capital Management recently acquired a controlling stake in Staples Solutions and, with their support, the organization is investing in the future of the business, both from a strategic point of view and by building world class operations and functions. You will have the chance to play your part as we embark on that journey.
How to apply?
Did we get your attention? Apply through the company website by clicking the “apply” button. For further information regarding the Tax Director Europe, contact katerina. moustaka@ staples. com . Please only use this e-mail for further inquiries and apply through our website.
About Staples Solutions B.V.
Staples Solutions B.V. is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 17 countries in Europe.