Global VAT and Customs Expert
Do you believe businesses should have a bigger ambition than short term profit? If you do, join DLL’s mission to ‘See what counts’. You’ll be part of a team that gets the right tools into the right hands. A team that understands the heart and soul of our partners’ business. A team that provides original financial solutions to sustain success for generations.
To support our growing global cross-border equipment trading business as well as other cross border activities, we are looking for a hands-on VAT and customs expert to strengthen DLL’s Global Tax team. In this role you will very closely interact with business counterparts (sales, remarketing, finance) to understand key aspects of intended cross border transactions and products and independently advise on these. This is a very dynamic environment and requires expertise to quickly get the essence of deals and the possible VAT/GST and customs consequences. In addition, the role includes VAT/GST and customs support to DLL’s global entities and in case of VAT inspection, liaise with external advisors. Next to that, you will be responsible for monitoring DLL’s global VAT compliance. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person that is hands on, technical, ambitious, energetic, driven, and wants to concentrate on both advisory and compliance work in areas of VAT/GST/customs.
Day to day
· Provide advice to DLL businesses (mainly being cross border equipment trading as well as cross border leasing solutions) on VAT/GST/customs matters and recommend potential planning alternatives and / or compliance processes to minimize VAT liabilities and risks in the various countries;
· Advise local finance mangers on VAT/GST technical rules and developments;
· Support local teams in VAT audits and controversy;
· Collaborate with your Group Tax colleagues (approx. 5 FTE) and other departments such as Asset Management & Remarketing;
· Be the reference point for the Dutch Tax Authorities with respect to VAT;
· Promote and drive continuous process improvements in the area of VAT/GST across DLL’s global entities;
· Analyse the impact of VAT legislation developments on our products, invoices and IT systems;
· Provide guidance, coaching and training on VAT/GST aspects within DLL Group.
“We not only live up to the expectations of our customers for today, but also anticipate their market needs of tomorrow.”
· At least 4 years of dedicated VAT experience in an international manufacturer
· Extensive knowledge of EU and European VAT laws, preferable related to financial products/institutions.
· Experience with VAT issues for multinational companies, both from a service and goods perspectives;
· Experience with global trade terms (Incoterms) and implications for VAT/GST advise
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles, intermediary understanding of finance, accounting & controls;
· Works independently and proactively under limited supervision to develop solutions;
· Is able to build its own network within DLL and gets energy from personal interactions;
· Committed and driven to find the best possible solution from both business and tax perspective for complex cross border transactions;
· Has a “can do” mentality and is able to provide quick turnaround to the business in this fast-moving environment;
· Excellent people and team player skills with good communication style;
· Understanding of ERP and financial systems;
· Master Degree in Tax
· Fluent in English language (oral and written);
· Willingness and ability to travel on a limited basis (10% EU and Dubai)
· Dutch language skills
· Strong knowledge and experience of VAT/GST outside of EU and Europe. Middle East, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America
· Understanding of customs and Transfer Pricing
At DLL, we consider our people our biggest asset. That’s why you’ll be treated as a member, not just an employee. Together we create an informal, but professional atmosphere that is hard to find elsewhere. We also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices, because the more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer, and working harder as a partner.
All members enjoy
· Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
· Health and Wellness program including healthy food, fresh Coffee Plaza, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities
· Flexible hours with possibility to work from home (within job scope)
· Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs
· Company pension scheme and attractive collective insurance package
· Employee Benefits Budget for commuting costs, extra hours of leave, pension savings, etc.
Our benefits are competitive, and include:
· 197,6 hours of leave (based on 38-hour workweek)
· Variable bonus based on DLL results and personal performance Employee Benefits Budget to be used for benefits (e.g. commuting costs, extra hours of leave)
DLL in a nutshell
DLL is a global vendor finance company with more than EUR 30 billion in assets. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, we provide asset-based financial solutions in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean technology, Construction, Transportation, Industrial and Office technology industries. We partner with equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in more than 30 countries to support their distribution channels and help grow their businesses. We combine customer focus with deep industry knowledge to deliver sustainable solutions for the complete asset life cycle, including retail finance, commercial finance and used equipment finance. DLL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rabobank Group.
Good to know
· Deadline for applications: June 24th
· Reporting to VP Group Control & Group Tax
· The selection process may involve an assessment
· Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via our career website
· DLL’s referral program applies
· For more information, you can contact Nico Molenschot, Recruitment Business Partner
Almost all members of DLL in NL are required to take the Bankers Oath. Banks in the Netherlands find it important that everyone working in the Dutch banking environment fulfills their role with integrity and care. The Banker’s Oath is our promise that we will do so with our customers, the society and to each other.
Screening is part of the application procedure and DLL screens all interns and new employees according to the “DLL Global Screening Policy” in order to ascertain whether the applicant may hold a position at DLL.