Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including Reconstructive, Medical and Surgical, and Neuro Technology and Spine products to help people lead a more active and more satisfying lives.
Stryker’s products and services are available in over 100 countries.
Over the last number of years, we have made significant investments throughout Stryker’s extensive manufacturing facilities across Europe. Stryker has also invested in building a regional support structure in the Netherlands with the creation of a European Regional Head Office, expansion of the Regional Distribution Centre, and building of the European Finance Shared Service Centre (EFSSC) in Amsterdam.
The Senior Financial Accountant - VAT (Senior VAT Accountant) is a key member of the VAT team in the EFSSC. In addition to VAT compliance activities, the EFSSC is servicing Accounting to Reporting (A2R), Purchase to Pay (P2P), Master Data, Intercompany and Internal Controls services with in total about 140 FTEs. The EFSSC is the preferred business partner to support Stryker’s mission and vision for the European business.
In this role you will be reporting to the Manager Tax – VAT. Supported by the Junior Financial Analyst – VAT, the Senior VAT Accountants are responsible for maintaining VAT compliance, improving the VAT processes and internal controls, and ensuring compliance with Stryker’s policies and procedures and any applicable (VAT) laws and regulations. The EFSSC VAT team is responsible for 37+ European VAT registrations relating to the Dutch logistics company, the European Distribution entity and Stryker’s local European sales entities.
Your main accountabilities will be:
· Being an active member of VAT Team
· Actively support the Shared Service vision in Stryker
· Pro-actively follow up and resolve issues found in the reconciliation and VAT compliance process
· Actively support training and development of Junior Financial Analyst
· Makes sure VAT, Intrastat and ESL are reported on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the assigned VAT registrations in conjunction with KPMG (Global VAT Services Center in Hungary)
· Work closely with cash team to ensure payments are made accurately and on time
· Perform VAT reconciliations and follow up with P2P and A2R teams to ensure correct VAT treatment of transactions
· Advise on ad hoc VAT issues
· Support a Continuous Improvement mindset
· Support an effective system of Internal Controls, including Internal/External audits
· Participate in other projects to improve VAT compliance process
· Addresses any other VAT issues that comes up
If you’re a results-driven person looking to make a difference in the world, consider why Stryker may be right for you:
· This role is based in our newly established offices in Amsterdam;
· 40 working hours/week;
· Competitive salary depending on experience with 10% bonus opportunity
· 8,5 % holiday allowance
· 27 holidays per year on full time basis;
· Travel allowance
· Subsidized lunch
· Collective health insurance available through Stryker with OHRA
· Free Accidental Death & Disability Insurance for all employees
· Free insurances for long term disability
· Discount on gym membership and bicycle
· Meaningful innovation, growth and opportunities
· International working environment (30+ nationalities)
· Dynamic and fast paced work environment;
· Social Committee activities: Holiday party, free gym classes on site, monthly after work drinks, free fruit, etc
· Fortune named Stryker a 2017 World’s Best Workplace
· A degree in indirect tax.
· Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in international VAT compliance
· Fluent spoken and written English. Any other European language is a plus
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
· High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
· Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
· Team Player
· Preferable living in the Amsterdam area