Vertex is considered a premier partner to Oracle, SAP, and works closely with the Big 4 and other leading software providers, as well as tax and accounting firms to provide the most integrated enterprise tax technology solutions available today to the most recognized brands of the world! We have enjoyed workplace and business recognitions including Philly.com’s Top Places to Work for three years in a row, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, and SmartCEO's Philadelphia Corporate Culture Award.
In this role, you will serve as a VAT/GST subject matter expert. Lead highly complex projects requiring research and interpretation of indirect tax and case law and determine how it impacts Vertex products regarding the addition of new content or the maintenance of existing content. Structure complex tax content within Vertex products in a logical manner that is consistent with system architecture and platforms. Perform quality assurance tasks following documented processes. Test complex tax content and functionality within Vertex products and internal databases. Respond to customer tax content issues while learning systems feature functionality to develop solutions.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
· Quickly and effectively research and define, interpret complex tax and case law and provide recommendations to tax and nontax personnel.
· Determine how tax or rules impact Vertex products regarding the addition of new content or the maintenance of existing content.
· Structure complex tax content within Vertex products in a logical manner that is consistent with system architecture and platforms.
· Perform quality assurance tasks following documented processes.
· Test complex tax content and functionality within Vertex products and internal databases.
· Provide expertise and support for testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with tax rules.
· Lead complex projects and participate as a team member on projects.
· Contribute to the development of requirements for new tax functionality.
· Understand and resolve complex customer issues and systems architecture to develop solutions.
· Represent Vertex as a subject matter expert at product demonstrations, presentations, seminars, panels and webcasts if needed.
· Works without supervision and has wide latitude for independent judgment.
· Lead or participate in other operational and strategic projects or duties as assigned.
· Train and mentor peers on job duties as well as personal development.
· Occasional travel may be required
· Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Education & Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business discipline.
· Advanced degree, law degree or professional certification a plus. Equivalent experience may substitute for some portion of the education requirement.
· CPA or legal experience preferred.
· 10+ years Value Added Tax experience with a focus on the European Union including in-depth knowledge of the VAT Directive and national VAT legislation of Member States. Experience with Value Added Tax/GST in countries outside of the European Union is a plus.
· Diverse industry or consulting experience required.
· Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
· Superior communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) skills.
· Proficiency in at least 1 major EU language (French, German) next to English
· Ability to co-present at product demonstrations, seminars, panels and webcasts.
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects with individuals from various areas of the company.
· Must possess and exhibit emotional stability and maturity in the face of stressful situations
· Must be results oriented, customer focused and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is required.
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and move freely around the building. Travel may be required.