Reference Code: 0000208655
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Direct Tax Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Direct Tax Specialist Netherlands you will be part of the BeNeLux Tax team and act as a direct report to the Direct Tax Manager in the Netherlands. In that role you will work closely with the Direct Tax Manager in representing all Dutch Bayer group entities the interests to local tax authorities, to third parties as well as intra-group to the business colleagues, Tax colleagues at Headquarters and from affiliated companies worldwide. In addition you will support the Belgian Direct Tax Manager in similar representation for all Belgian Bayer group entities.
Because of the global holding and financing activities in The Netherlands and the broad international character of the business that resides in the BeNeLux, the Direct tax specialist is mainly active in the area of Corporate Income Taxes and International Taxes in particular linked to strategical projects and restructurings. You act as a trustful and reliable business partner to all stakeholders and actively supports implementing Bayer’s global tax strategy.
Major tasks and responsibilities of the position
· Actively contributing and able to explain on tax topics, legislative developments and evaluate potential impact for all Bayer group entities
· Manage various tax formalities and monitor tax compliance processes, group guidelines, policies and directives in the Tax area
· Provide expertise and guidance to respective internal counterparts on tax related matters and being an active team member
· Contribute to the implementation of Bayer’s Tax strategy
· Prepare tax analyses and draft position papers, ruling requests etc.
· Properly representing and actively contributing in preparing for discussions and meetings with local tax authorities
Who you are
· A Master’s degree in Dutch tax economics or tax law
· At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in an international tax role at a Big Four Advisory firm, large international law firm and/or a multinational
· Solid knowledge about local tax law and regulations and high degree of understanding of international tax rules and policies and Tax compliance topics
· Affinity and basic knowledge with Transfer Pricing
· Transversal knowledge and understanding of corporate legal, accounting and economic matters
· Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, flexible attitude and eagerness to learn
· Ability to work both individually and in a team within a complex and high demanding environment
· Good skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Powerpoint and Excel
· Fluent in Dutch and English (both verbally and in writing)