Auto req ID 54432BR
Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations Centres located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
The Direct Tax Lead will be managing a team of tax specialist responsible for direct tax compliance and reporting.
· Lead Direct Tax Team
· Develop both functional and leadership skills in the team required to support the tax function and the business in the Direct Tax compliance process.
· Optimize the direct tax compliance process.
· Ensure succession and knowledge retention in Direct Tax team
· Build excellent relations and communication channels with stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring effective communication.
· Deliver on-time and high quality Direct Tax filling and reporting process;
· Proactively support Tax Audit process.
· Responsibility for direct tax document retention in line with the company's policy and local legal and fiscal requirements.
· Align with Tax Manual Notes (TMN)
· Support the team on the attendance of tax authorities, internal and external auditing engagements
· Keep track of all changes on local legislation that could impact any of the taxes administrated by the area and proactively communicate
· Ensuring compliance with standard streamline direct tax compliance process and controls.
· Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes which enable to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness targets.
· Identify and migrate the tax compliance work to Finance Operations Tax locations
· University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Law required
· MBA, ACCA, CIMA certificates will be an asset
· Minimum of 8+ years’ work experience in various financial positions.
· 3 years of managerial experience with line responsibility for a minimum of 5 staff
· Knowledge and experience in direct tax compliance or advisory.
· High level knowledge and application of direct tax, controls, standard streamline and accounting principles.
· Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders.
· Strong leadership skills proved by managing various teams;
· Knowledge of various ERP systems and MS Office skills.
· Experience of working in a virtual environment.
· Strong and proved experience in project management.
· Fluent English language is a must
· Fluent Spanish language is a must
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.