Auto req ID 54431BR
Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations Centres located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Tax Specialist role is a part of Manage Indirect Tax team in Krakow. We are Centre of Expertise for Royal Dutch Shell worldwide for indirect taxes. MIT Team calculates VAT, GST (Good Sales Tax), excise duty and local taxes for Shell entities. This position is an excellent opportunity for a finance specialist interested in gaining broader tax practice in multinational well-established company based on EU tax legislation and getting to know local tax specifics of other countries. This role also offers an opportunity of career progression
· Complete all indirect tax related accounting activities upon which indirect tax returns depend, including control checks of transactional data to identify any errors or anomalies
· Work with other financial teams to ensure that errors are properly corrected and that remedial action has been taken to minimize the likelihood of similar errors in future
· Ensure all indirect tax related corrections and adjustments are entered correctly in the ERP system
· Reconcile VAT, GST (Good Sales Tax), excise duty and local taxes for Shell entities
· Prepare and deliver timely and accurately indirect tax returns to the Indirect Tax Authorities
· Prepare intrastat reporting
· Provide assistance for tax data related information and delivery for tax reviews and statutory audits purposes
· Perform VAT, GST (Good Sales Tax), excise duty and local taxes for Shell entities balance sheet accounts analysis
· Initiate ideas to improve the process
· Manage excellent relationships with tax advisors, country finance managers, country tax leads, business representatives and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the highest quality advice on business and law changes is received on time
· University degree preferable in Economics, Finance, Accountancy or related field
· Min. 3-4 years’ experience in accountancy/finance
· Working knowledge of ERP systems (such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft) will be an advantage
· Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
· Good knowledge of Excel
· Fluent English (written and spoken) is a must
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work under time/quality pressure
· Attention to detail
· Improvement focus
· Excellent Spanish is a must
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.