Auto req ID 54613BR
Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations Centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Tax Department in Finance Operations in the Shell Group is key to delivering world-class tax support to Shell. With around 600 staff Finance Operations Tax is amongst the world's largest "in-house" tax organizations. Due to the rapid growth of our department we are currently looking for various senior tax individuals who will help us to become the Centre of Excellence in terms of tax advice. These exceptional tax positions will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial and tax operations.
Country Tax lead
The successful candidate will act as Country Tax Lead (CTL) for a country (or portfolio of countries) within EMEA region. In accordance with the Shell Internal policies the position requires to manage the effective and efficient operation of all direct tax processes, as well as the provision of expertise regarding indirect and personal taxes, across Shell’s operations in each of the countries within the portfolio. Holder of this position will be also a Member of the Regional Adviser team providing tax support to Shell Company Upstream and Downstream business clients across the region.
Accountable for all domestic activities related to the assigned countries and their role in accordance with the Shell Internal policies, the Tax Manual of Global Tax Standards and the Tax Manual of Authorities; including the following:
· Be ultimately accountable for the tax affairs of Shell operations in the countries
· Adopting an active role in tax shaping activities, in line with the Tax Law project, Business sector plans and Group Tax Strategy
· Providing tax assurance activities related to the assigned countries
· Acting as a focal point for knowledge and expertise in the country tax legislation, common law and administrative practice
· Establishing and maintaining business contacts in country and identifying country advice work
· Maintaining Shell's reputation in country, with regards to Tax
· Ensure full compliance with relevant financial accounting standards
· Take part in special tax projects, where applicable in accordance with Group Tax processes and play active part in the Tax community where required
· Management of consultants engaged to assist on global Tax projects
· Support the development and implementation of standards and priority processes
· Broad experience in business, and direct and indirect taxation working for multinational or a professional firm
· Recognized professional qualifications
· Member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body or equivalent demonstrated by experience – would be an asset.
· Fluent English
· Fluent Spanish
· Other language requirement may apply for certain countries.
· Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams.
· Effective communicator of complex tax issues, both written and oral.
· Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills.
· Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell.
· Strong negotiation skills and effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax.
· Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.