Auto req ID 54580BR
Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations Centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
· The post holder will be responsible for leading a team of finance professionals to ensure:
· On time delivery of accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity through effective and efficient management and operation of the direct tax compliance processes;
· Preparation, calculation, recording, and reporting tax provisions, effective direct tax rates and other management assurances including tax account balances and reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner;
· Standards/systems to comply with the Group Records Management policy are in place and followed;
· Review and monitoring of the entire end to end MDT process as well as country specific tax returns and tax accruals /provisions is carried out, to enable management assurance on the statutory compliances for the various entities in the migrated countries;
· Group accounting and reporting changes are effectively incorporated and implemented in the process;
· That appropriate tax basis balance sheets are maintained to support the deferred tax assets / liabilities on the financial statements;
· Tax return positions are appropriately supported with compliance memos, auditable work papers and support of the business tax advisors Obtaining and maintaining sufficient knowledge from the Direct Tax Compliance, Reporting, and Assurance Teams and the Tax Managers supporting them to make sound resource prioritization decisions. In general, the delivery of the business/process responsibilities and process metrics are met and roles and responsibilities as per the management matrix framework is followed. Work on special projects, crossing multiple sectors and functions and drive FO Standard Ways of Working. Effectively operate/implement/manage/organize all direct tax controls (including SOX), SOAR / processes and management controls as well as assurance systems in place, including key process requirements such as Key Assumption Schedules, Tax Manual Notes, Input / Output Assurances etc. that form a part of the process design;
· Support in managing and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities;
· Effective and smooth running of the MDT operations through appropriate planning and prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and resourcing on an ongoing basis;
· Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution is in place and is followed;
· Proactive engagement in strategizing the MDT process requirements in change management and improvements in the systems/data and IT solutions and change management and implementation initiatives CI responsibilities. Provide steer in identification, prioritization & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets and implementation of projects. People and stakeholder management and knowledge management. Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and Canada business connectivity; Provide strong functional leadership to the MDT Canada staff in FO involved in direct tax filing and reporting activities; Create, track and maintain a robust succession plan for Canada Process, Maintain Knowledge Management Framework, competency creation and management, continuing professional education and tax professional culture. Manage and coach team members to create World Class People FO MDT organization;
· Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed knowledge transfer into the processes as relevant;
· Empower and hold supervisors accountable for delivering on supervisor expectations. Support continuous professional development and good practices in the FO MDT teams. Ensure clear roles and responsibilities are in place and segregation of duties/authorities across Canada team is implemented. As a leader of community, create a culture of empowerment and accountability, enabling the community to deliver on commitments
· Team Size of 10-12 members;
· 47 Legal Entities with 115 returns filed annually
· various complexities
· Recognized professional qualification in Finance / Accounting / Tax Law and preferably a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body.
· >10 years broad experience in business taxation working for another multinational company
· Deep knowledge and experience in tax law and practice of at least one major jurisdiction and experience across multiple jurisdictions, in all areas of direct taxation would be preferable (Canadian experience, if available, will be very beneficial)
· Good understanding of tax end to end process and dependencies
· Strong understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
· Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral.
· Passionate about and track record of delivery through teams including development of staff.
· Experience working with complex accounting and connected applications
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.