Mondelez - The Company
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Finance is infused into every single aspect of our multibillion-dollar global organization. But it’s not just about numbers. As part of our finance team, you’ll collect and analyze intelligent information and data and use that to give everyone at Mondelēz International the power to make informed decisions.
The Manager Indirect Taxes leads the central team in our European center of excellence for VAT in Bratislava; whilst this team is responsible for ensuring indirect tax compliance in all countries belonging to the Mondelez Europe region. In total we are submitting around 450 VAT returns and associated reports per month out of the central VAT team. In this role the incumbent oversees and coordinates the indirect tax processes and advises the business on all sorts of indirect tax matters. Close interaction with various other Mondelez departments and external service providers, as well as the ownership of all indirect tax related modules and settings in our SAP system are integral parts of this role.
The Manager Indirect Taxes also heads the indirect tax work-stream in strategic projects throughout the Mondelez Europe region (such as mergers, acquisitions and divestitures), identifies needs for and provides trainings, and helps the business to further harmonize and simplify the indirect tax process across all countries.
· Manage VAT work-streams in major and strategic business projects
· Enforce and manage continuous improvement in the area of indirect taxes with the aim to simplify and harmonize the indirect tax compliance processes
· Ownership of the indirect tax related data on Mondelez’ European SAP instance, including the entire tax determination in different SAP modules
· Continuous monitoring of the European indirect tax legislation, and managing the implementation of necessary changes
· Provide indirect tax related legal advice and trainings
· Ensure legal compliance in the area of indirect taxes, with a strong focus on VAT
· Encourage an open dialog within the center of excellence team and foster an excellent working relationship with external service providers
· University study in taxes or economics, or similar professional education in the area of taxation
· Profound working experience in the area of indirect taxes
· Excellent knowledge of and an intellectual curiosity for VAT in Europe
· Strong People management skills
· Sound knowledge of SAP
· Presentation skills and the ability to influence people
· Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work effectively in an international environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good people management skills
· Fluent in English, any other European language would be an advantage
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we support your career and development. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer salary starting at: 3000,00€/mo plus annual bonus payment based on your performance. We also offer top attractive benefits, such as:
· Performance annual bonus payment, yearly salary review based on performance
· Cafeteria (sports, relax venue, culture, travelling opportunities, language courses), free drinks and fruit in the workplace, meal vouchers fully covered by employer, free company products, company gym
· Flexible working hours, extra holidays, financial contribution to wedding, childbirth and retirement, service awards, life insurance, contribution to education, supplementary pension fund, company parties and team events,
· Selected positions: Company car, cell phone,
· Cooperative and strong team environment
· International environment and further career progression
· Constant virtual and F2F learning opportunities
Please note that the entire recruitment process will be conducted in English. Therefore please make sure your application documents are in English and make sure an English version of your CV is uploaded in the application form.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.