Procter & Gamble is one of the largest and most admired companies in the world. P&G has its headquarter in Geneva for Europe, Middle East and Africa regions. The 2'000 employees coming from 71 different countries represent the diversity of consumers we serve all around the world.
This is an important position within the P&G Swiss Tax Organization. Reporting to the Associate Director - Taxes Switzerland, this role would be part of a 4 people strong Swiss Tax Organization responsible for the tax affairs of over 10 legal entities including very significant operating, holding and financing entities.
The position will be responsible for:
· The preparation and management of compliance of a number of the Swiss entities including tax returns and quarterly income tax accounting
· Reviewing the Swiss tax implications of a variety of projects, including dividends, transfers of subsidiaries, transferring pricing matters and VAT
· Managing tax audits and tax authority queries
· Managing smaller projects on an independent basis and supporting other team members on larger projects
· Supporting Regional (Senior) Management in understanding and assessing the implication of legislative changes at country and regional levels.
The position will have strong interactions with many other positions and groups in the company, including US Tax team, Transfer Pricing Team, Other Country Tax teams, Regional Comptroller Treasury, Legal, and the company’s Shared Service Centres across 3 different regions.
The job offers the opportunity to be part of the European Tax Organization and offers excellent opportunities for progression for a strong and successful candidate, whether progressing within the Swiss tax team, or into other roles in Geneva or elsewhere. The P&G Tax organization offers significant opportunities for further career development.
· Tax Professional with a tax education
· 5 – 8 years experience of pre-dominantly Swiss experience (preference for some in-house experience)
· Practical experience in all areas of corporate income tax and VAT including some exposure to transfer pricing
· Practical experience in interactions with authorities ideally in Switzerland
· Some accounting knowledge
· Fluent French verbal and written skills necessary for interactions with the tax authorities
· Fluent in English both written and verbal
· German language skills an advantage.
· Owner: Understands the “global picture” and is willing to go beyond a purely tax/corporate advisor role and to become a business partner who is entirely responsible for the final outcome of proposed approaches
· Curious: Eager for challenges and willingness to develop new skills (within tax technical areas as well as other technical and managerial aspects)
· Collaborator: Strong skills working outside a classical hierarchy. P&G operates in a very fluid manner with regular interactions with all levels and a key to success is being able to adapt to different situations, customers and issues.
· Comfortable being part of a large and multi-functional team: Whilst working in Swiss Tax, the successful hire will need to rely on many other departments and experts and will need to provide expertize to those people. The successful hire must be able to understand the broader questions, interact within a large and multi-functional team with an emphasis on sharing information, communicating well and being responsive, not reactive.
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Further information you need to know for your application:
- Just apply via clicking the button below
- Have your CV in English ready to attach (include examples of the challenging experiences you have had both within and outside academia)
- Attach a summary of your latest grades