Req ID: 102404
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
This role has been created following the increase of transfer pricing and other tax compliance globally. This role’s purpose is to assist in the analysis and preparation of data for the Transfer Pricing documentation sets, but also support other projects within the team. The person in this position will be working for the Transfer Pricing Manager primarily, but may assist other members of the Tax Team. The person will also work closely with the Transfer Pricing Documentation Assistant.
This role will provide the opportunity to proactively work with numerous departments globally including but not limited to HR, Legal, Business Intelligence and Finance and simultaneously meet numerous stakeholders’ needs and requirements in the realm of tax.
· Assist in the preparation of group overview, company overview, and industry analysis.
· Assist in the preparation of the transfer pricing reports for Burberry local entities
· Assisting with the benchmarking process (using the Bureau van Dijk software TP Catalyst) internally and with external Advisors reviews
· Assisting with analysis of intercompany transaction data on monthly basis and deal with the relevant departments if any discrepancy occurs
· Assist in the preparation and analysis of transfer pricing data in support of the documentation sets
· Liaise with various departments throughout HR, Legal, Regional Finance Teams, Company Secretary, Business Intelligence, Regional Project Teams and Shared Service Centres, to understand and document transfer pricing relationships for the Transfer Pricing team.
· Assist to identify new opportunities to standardize and/or prepare the data sets in a more effective manner.
· Investigating new transactions between legal entities globally for existing and new transfer pricing relationships
· Prepare transfer pricing calculations globally to the agreed timetable
· Assist in reviewing transfer pricing calculations within local statutory accounts and highlight any deviations from transfer pricing agreements
· Provide analysis, support and explanations to various departments’ queries on transfer pricing relationships and calculations
· Assist with explanations for external auditors relating to transfer pricing calculations
· Assist in the monthly review of transfer prices in the transfer pricing engine
· Supporting with other ad hoc project as required
· Part qualified (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
· Excellent MS Excel skills are essential (including Pivots, VLookups, Macros)
· Good SAP skills are essential
· Proven accountancy experience
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Experience of a “dynamic” and fast paced business environment
· Experience dealing with multi-national companies and cross-border transactions
· Experience with transfer pricing, financial reporting, tax is a distinct advantage
· Experience manipulating large data sets
· Experience with Statutory Accounts and Local GAAP adjustments
· Capable of finding and analysing relevant information, identifying key issues and writing findings clearly and to the point.
· Interest in Tax/Finance (and perhaps Transfer Pricing), Project Management & Business Partnering will be beneficial.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
· Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
· Resilient, self-motivated & positive.
· Independent worker with a proactive approach to problem solving under the direction of the Transfer Pricing Manager.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.