About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That’s why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you’ll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we’ll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
GHQ Tax Accountant & Compliance Manager UK
Purpose of the Job:
Supporting the UK Global Controller and the local Head of Tax for direct and indirect tax planning, administration and compliance activities for all GHQ companies of the Anheuser-Busch InBev group in the UK. Responsible for increasing the efficiency and internal control environment in the direct and indirect tax area in UK. Supporting local accounting activities for the UK based Anheuser-Busch InBev group holding companies
· Work in a quickly changing environment, i.e. legislative changes and communication to/requirements from the tax authorities
· Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
· Align different departments (finance, legal, supply, logistics, procurement and sales) to streamline the corporate income tax and VAT processes within the company
· Ensure full flexibility within the team to meet existing and future business needs.
· Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of direct & indirect taxes (income tax, VAT, etc.) and that all tax payments are submitted within the prescribed timeframe
· Monitor changes in the tax legislation related to corporate income tax and VAT that could have an impact on the UK group companies. Manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
· Support tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes in the UK group companies.
· Act as contact person for tax impact assessment of business decisions
· Monitor compliance against global tax risk management policies
· Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
· Handle ad hoc tax requests
About the candidate:
· University degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and related field required
· ACCA and / or CTA qualified
· 3+ years experience in Tax area or related fields
· Fluent in English
· Experience in working an SAP/ERP environment is a plus
· Experience in working with IT2 & Cognos is a plus
· Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, SAP etc)
· Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong organization skills; adheres to deadlines
· Highly results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
· Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers and build productive working relationships across functional areas
· Understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic statutory accounting skills
· Strong knowledge of Direct / Indirect tax
· IFRS/UKGAAP knowledge is an asse
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers’ lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, with operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.